My morning was just recently given an awesome boost when I checked my blog to find that Tobin Elliot over at Left to Write gave me the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Thanks so much, you have no idea how much I appreciate it.
So, following the rules, here’s seven things about myself,
1. I’m a Christian and my faith is very important to me. I accepted Christ when I was 5, and since then I’ve spent a lot of time growing in my faith.
2. I’m the oldest of seven home schooled kids and every one of my siblings is simply awesome. Being that our ages range from almost 16 (me!) to just turned 2, we are all very…..uniquely strange in comparison to each other, but we also seem to all be clones of each other. It’s an interesting dynamic. =)
3. I’m obsessed with the Beatles. Along with a few other bands I LOVE the Beatles. Ever since I was about four months old, my parents could always get me to behave by playing their music. I love the uniqueness of their music, and the artistry in it. It fascinates me.
4. I can’t stand writing. It’s miserable, hard and kind of painful. Why do I keep doing it? Because there’s a difference between writing because I have to, and writing because I NEED to. If there’s inspiration involved writing is beautiful and amazing.
5. Many of my friends call me Bria because I write her so much. What’s sad is that it doesn’t even phase me, I respond the same.
6. Writing aside, my best talent is in computers. It’s not that unique, I’m part of the computer generation after all, but I’m pretty good with them. My hobby is in graphic/web design. When I was 12 I taught myself HTML, although until maybe a year ago I was barely able to work well with it. I do a lot of photoshopping, photo manipulations, and some other various stuff in graphic design.
7. I’ve only been writing since Christmas. Well, *really* writing that is. I’ve been on on off dreaming up ideas, writing three pages of them and scrapping them since I was 8. But until Christmas I never wrote anything worth reading and my mom thought the only reason I would try was that my brother would occasionally try. Now look at me! I’m so obsessed and addicted to writing I can’t go a day without scribbling *something*.
* * * * *
Okay, that was strangely revealing on me….now that I think about it. Now that’s out of the way, I don’t really have 15 people that I can think of right now…..gosh I’m pitiful at this. I’m calling the excuse of a ton of homework and not enough time and doing only 10 people. I’m sure I’ll miss someone that I want to send it to, but I can’t work on this right now.
1. BeKindRewrite – Your blog is amazing, I’m always referring to it to find stuff out about writing.
2. Kay Camden – More awesome writing and fantastic tips! Your blog is fun to explore.
3. Jeremy Thurston – You’re a great writer, I can’t wait to see your book in stores someday.
4. My Words Whisper – Love your blog! Your stories are so much fun to read.
5. Scribbla – Your ‘scribbles’ are so full of talent, they amaze me.
6. Indigo Spider – Wow. That’s all I can say. You’re a superb writer. Your stuff just amazes me.
7. Marantha Janelle – Your blog is fun to read through and you always have encouragement when I need it. Thank-you. =)
8. Find An Outlet – Your blog is always full of something new that’s interesting and I love reading your InMon posts.
9. Mike – Your writing is awesome and your short stories, flash fiction, and everything else are so cool.
10. Billie Jo Woods – LOVE your stories!